What are symptoms for sleep apnea? In sleep apnea, people stop breathing stops for 10 -20 seconds or more at time while they are sleeping. These short stops in breathing can occur 20 times or more an hour.
Symptoms sleep apnea:
The most common signs and symptoms of sleep apnea are:
- Loud snoring
- Frequent episodes of choking or obstructed breathing during sleep.
- Excessive daytime tiredness and sleepiness.
Usually patient may not aware of this symptom but the bed partner may notice the symptoms before you do.
Others symptoms and signs of sleep apnea, may include:
- Morning headaches
- Mood swing, depression.
- Dry mouth upon awakening
- High blood pressure.
- Over weight
- Difficult to concentrate on work.
- Memory or learning problems
What causes sleep apnea?
Sleep apnea has two types, there are: Obstructive apnea and central apnea.
The most common type of sleep apnea is obstructive sleep apnea. If you have obstructive sleep apnea, during sleep, there is not enough air to flow into your lungs through your mouth and nose even though you try to breathe. That’s because something is blocking the airways. Even you try to breathe but you can’t get enough air because the blockage. When this happens, your oxygen level in your blood may drop and your brain awakens you sufficiently to start breathing again and you will take in a breath and this causes this excess tissue to vibrate, and make in a loud snoring. Even you try to breathe but you can’t get enough air because the blockage that make your breath become hard and noisy and even stop for short periods of time / apnea.
Central sleep apnea is related to the function of the central nervous system or the disorder results from the brain’s failure. There are so many companies that manufacture CBD oil for sleep. The best cbd oil is beneficial in giving health benefits in lot many ways and simultaneously making you feel relaxed. Your brain’s failure to send the signals or the signal gets interrupted to those muscles that you use to breathing. Central sleep apnea is rare.
Sleep apnea cures.
These a few tips to sleep apnea cures.
- Avoid alcohol, smoking, and medications (sleeping pills) that make you sleepy. Because all of that can make relax your throat, and make it harder for your throat to stay open while you sleep.
- Lose weight if you are overweight. Because overweight is one of the cause of your problem. So lose your weight, even a little can make a significant difference to your symptoms
- Sleep on your side instead of on your back. Sleep on your back; make the tissue block your airways, so try to Sleeping on your side may help keep your throat open. You can use pillow to help you sleep on your side.
- If you still have problems, maybe you have a moderate or severe sleep apnea that will need to make these changes as well. You also need other treatment such as a special mask while you are sleeping. This treatment is called Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP). This mask will help to keep your airways open. And a few cases need to do surgery to remove extra tissue from their throat.